Monday, March 20, 2006

Selçuk

The sun poked its head through abit in the morning & came out in great style in the afternoon making the Roman ruins at Ephesus a lot of fun.

Before heading off I investigated the rear when & found that the beading of the rear tire was exposed. The inner serface was somehow damaged, perhaps during the flight. The pattern of the damage to the tire exactly match the frequent holes in the tubes. Not wanting to throw away an otherwise good tire I used a strip of tube patch to cover the damaged area. We will see whether this does the trick, if not I have a spair.

I cruised into Selçuk by lunch time. I had intended to stay at a real camp ground. However yet another place in the guidebook was being updated to my detriment. I decided to find a pension in town. I followed Lonely Planet's advice, the first Homeros looked nice but wouldn't budge over their offering price of 15 lira. It looked nice but I looked elsewhere. The Outback run by an Aussie of local background was cheaper.

The Roman ruined city of Ephesus was just down the road & was wonderful. Being early season it was not crowded. The Sun was quite warm & for the first time on the holiday I could strip down to a t-shirt. The ruins were spectacular.

I cycled 69km in 3 hours & 36 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment