Monday, April 24, 2006

Ajabshir

I spent my 38th birthday doing what I'd been for the last 6 weeks i.e. cycling.
I teamed up with Sebastien, a French guy that I'd met in Tabriz. He'd cycled through Turkey, Georgia, Armenia & Azerbaijan & survived being rear-ended by an Armenian driver. He'd had to virtually rebuild his entire bike from whatever was at hand. It was a miracle that he wasn't injured in the accident & that he managed to repair his bike & get it to Iran.

Other than being my birthday it was a fairly unremarkable day. The weather wasn't particularly nice & neither was the scenery. We just put our heads down & cycled until late afternoon. We found a nice camping spot in a grove of trees just off the main road. It started to rain just as it was time to head to the tent for bed.

I cycled 108 km in 6 hours & 31 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment