Saturday, April 29, 2006

Qorvez

The long previous day with the late arrival in Bijar hungry & dehydrated along with the lack of rest at the noisy mosaferkhuneh meant that I felt pretty blah. A perfect time to find an Internet café. Bijar had one with a good Internet connection so I could do lots, including wake up Frieddie for a Skype chat. It was the first proper chat since arriving in Iran almost 2 weeks ago & was great.

I thought my bike chain was getting a little worn so changed it for a spare. Unfortunately it had been a lot more worn than that & as a result had seriously worn the cassette. This meant that I had to put the old chain back on & find a new cassette as soon as possible. I'll be in Hammedan, which is sizeable, tomorrow or the next day. Hopefully I'll be able to find something passable.

By the time I was done messing around with the chain it was time for my favourite dish of the moment, dizi. I asked around & was lead to place where it was served. It was served in a friendly fashion, was yummy & there was no charge for it. I'm getting spoiled in Iran, it'll be difficult to go to a normal country.

I didn't expect to get far as I didn't really start riding until after lunch. However the rolling terrain was not conducive to wild camping. It was a tilled cropland. It was one of those days when all the nice spots are passed when it too early to camp. I kept going & going hoping to find a side road that lead off to a hidden spot, which never came. In the end I cycled until dark & went into a field. It was visible from the road but by that time it was dark. It wasn't the nicest spot I'd camped in but it was nicer that the previous night's hostel.

I cycled 103 km in 6 hours & 18 minutes
Total so far 3609 km in 51 days
GPS Coordinates of end point - N 35°09.783, E 47°49.847

No comments:

Post a Comment