Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Near Tabas

I keep getting up earlier & earlier. This morning I awoke at 4:45 as the sky was getting light. I generously gave myself a lie-in of 15 minutes before my alarm went off. Clock time was only relevant for me when I arrived in towns & wanted to find open shops. For the rest my routine was governed by the rise of the Sun & the needs of my stomach. Against the first I could rebel but the second permitted no disobedience.

With an eye on the needs of my stomach I aimed to be in Tabas in time to get lunch & stock up on provisions. The landscape beside the road was as varied as that in the desert so far; flat white salt flats, rocky hills & sparsely vegetated plains. All was beautiful, almost no sign of human touch other than the road itself.

On the final stretch into Tabas I passed a small group of camels, 2 adults & 2 babies.

I cycled 108 km in 6 hours & 27 minutes
Total so far 5003 km in 69 days
GPS Coordinates of end point - N 33°41.380, E 56°57.962

No comments:

Post a Comment