Saturday, June 10, 2006

Kattaqorgan

My digestion was back to its old tricks the whole day, with trips to disgusting petrol station pit toilets or convenient bushes every couple of hours.

The road passed through what seemed to be one long village even more so than the day before. There were people everywhere.

I soon realised that it would be difficult to find somewhere to pitch my tent without the cooperation of a local. When I got desperate for something as it was getting too dark to cycle I was offered to sleep behind someone's house. My host lived with 3 generations of family in an old mud-walled house on the edge of town. I was shown a space of their packed earth yard where I could sleep. They brought out a carpet & bedding for me to sleep on & gave me dinner & breakfast. In the morning I wanted to take a photo of the family but they were adamant to not be photographed, perhaps a throwback to fear of Soviet origins.

I cycled 119 km in 7 hours & 43 minutes
Total so far 6630 km in 93 days
GPS Coordinates of end point - N 39°54.558, E 66°17.17.707

No comments:

Post a Comment