Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Samarqand

After a lazy morning chatting with Zokir I headed into town. At 11am I learnt that the Pakistan Embassy had graciously granted me a 1-month visa for the princely sum of 96USD. The only good thing about that price was that I got some useful small bills in exchange for a 100 dollar note. Unfortunately they weren't able to start the process to put the visa in my passport until 2pm, which made it doubtful whether I'd make it to the last bus to Samarqand that afternoon as I'd hoped.

Luck shone on me though & I was speeding away in a cab to the Metro at 3:30pm. Perhaps the guy I'd met the previous day had managed to pull some strings. I met a guy on the Metro who helped me find the bus to Samarqand & 15 minutes after arrival at the bus station we were moving. At 10pm I was being welcomed with tea & a late dinner at the Bahodir B&B. It was a nice to know that I'd be able to set off to Tajikistan without missing a meal.

I cycled 0 km

No comments:

Post a Comment