Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Tashkent

Today was embassy day. I spent it entirely at either of those of Chinese or Pakistan or in taxis going to them. I had it planned with military precision & it almost went wrong from the start, as usual a bit of luck fell my way.

I started things off by trying to get to the Pakistan embassy when it opened however the taxi driver didn't know where it was & was hopeless at finding out. From there I rushed to that of China, just getting the application in time. Then I had to return to the Pakistan embassy for an interview. I hope I made a good impression! Then it was another cross-town taxi trip to the Chinese embassy where my visa was in my passport.

My bit of luck was meeting the Russian teacher of the Pakistan Embassy First Secretary outside the Embassy. He offered to get in touch with people in the Embassy that he knew to try & get my visa for the next day.

I cycled 0 km

No comments:

Post a Comment