Saturday, July 22, 2006

Bishkek

I wandered around Bishkek & found that it didn't have a great deal to see so I went to scope out the big daily bazaar to the West of the centre. It wasn't as bustling or as filled with nice food as the one in Osh, or perhaps being now well fed I was looking at the food section through normal eyes.

I ate an immense amount of cheap ice-cream & a fermented milk drink that is sold out of barrels on almost every street corner.

Some friends had rented an apartment with satellite TV & I managed to catch the final time trial of the Tour de France & see Floyd Landis put in a great effort to take back the yellow jersey after 2 up & down stages where he collapsed in the first & lost 8 minutes & the race lead & in the second won a stage solo with such style that is being compared to a victory by Eddie Merckx in the 1969 Tour. Victory should now be his barring some very odd mishap coming into Paris on the last day.

I cycled 0 km

No comments:

Post a Comment