Sunday, August 20, 2006

Osh

Today was not supposed to be a rest day but I felt a cold coming on & Nick was up most of the night using the free Internet in his room. It wasn't a difficult decision to continue to enjoy the easy hospitality of the homestay for the day.

The homestay was the same as that in which I stayed when I came from the South & Tajikistan. It was still as chaotic & seemingly unused to the demands of paying guests, towels were whisked after we took our showers presumably because they belonged to a household member. It was a genuinely friendly place & easy to hang out.

We knew that we could have a couple of lean days on the road to Kashgar so stocked up at the great bazaar. My newly increased food carriage capacity will be used.

I cycled 0 km

No comments:

Post a Comment