Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Karimabad

We left Passu after a leisurely start to the day. The aim was Karimabad which was only 50km away so there was no great hurry.

The Hunza river doesn't lose much altitude on the way from Passu to the turn off to Karimabad. Even so there was a lot of climbing, sometimes to 200m above the river, only to lose the altitude a little later in a high speed decent. I didn't regret any of the work involved as the road was so amazing. The terrain energised me & I found myself climbing quite fast. There was a stiff climb of a couple of km from Garnish village to Karimabad, where a layover was scheduled.

Karimabad is something of a tourist centre, with quite a lot of hotels & guesthouses. To my surprise it had a reasonably quick Internet cafe. My cell phone detected a network but was unable to access it.

I cycled 54 km in 3 hours & 58 minutes
Total so far 10736 km in 161 days

No comments:

Post a Comment