Friday, March 28, 2008

Back again!

After a very long time away from the blog I've decided to come back!

The last year and a bit has been very full of events.

After a brief period but very pleasant time in Geneva I am back in Amsterdam, back at UPC and have been so since the beginning of 2007.

I rode the PBP is August of that year, not being one of the 30% of those starters who pulled out along the way. The weather was absolutely rotton but I kept on the path.

In October Freddie came back to Amsterdam from Geneva, we are living together. She starts a new job at the beginning of next month, and is very exited about it! More on this later.

In the European summer Mum and Dad visited Europe and we all, including Freddie who was still in Geneva, went on a road trip to the Alps where we went walking. Freddie and I spent Christmas in Morocco, including the day itself in the Sahara. How magnificent!

I visited New Zealand for the first time in over 4 years. Some things have changed, my sister Em is a double Mum and Mum and Dad have done some big house re-building, and some things haven't, it's still a wonderful place. I promised myself and Freddie, who couldn't come with me this time, to go back again in the New Zealand summer of 2010.

Most recently Spring has begun. In anticipation of this Freddie and I took our recently purchase tandem on a trip through the Ardennes in the southern part of the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium. It was Easter so we had 4 days off in a row. It just so happened that Easter came early and the winter decided to finish late, we had lots of snow. There was more snow than anyone could remember at Easter. In spite of and perhaps because of this we had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment